Please help us stand up for Asian elephants and end temple elephant abuse! If you're able, please consider making a monthly donation. Click here to join our monthly elephant defenders program.
All donations to the Voice for Asian Elephants Society are tax deductible, and we will work hard to ensure every penny is spent wisely.
All our donors will receive regular updates on our non-profit and our work on behalf of Asian elephants. We're available to answer any questions or concerns you have via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for your time and your donation to our work. It means the world to us and the elephants we're trying to protect.Donate
Creating sustainable communities through caring for, and protecting endangered captive and wild Asian elephants.
Abolish elephant slavery by educating and enlightening people about the plight of captive and wild Asian elephants, protect them by mitigating human elephant conflicts in captivity and in the wild, and rehabilitate the captive ones in elephant havens where they can roam freely.
VFAES will adhere to core principles grounded in Systems Biology and ahimsa (non-violence) and implement these actions to achieve its mission:
- Cultivate empathy and compassion for elephants through awareness campaigns for youth, the general public, and targeted audiences
- Conduct research on the intersection of human cultures and conservation, and simultaneously build awareness of the role of elephants--known as “the gardeners of the earth”--in mitigating global air pollution
- Advocate legislative changes to tackle wildlife crime by organizing sensitization workshops for bureaucrats, law enforcement authorities, religious institutions, and decision makers
- Mitigate human/elephant conflict (HEC) that often results in capture and “taming” of so-called “crop raiders”
- Implement strategic collaborations to rescue captive elephants and operate havens where they can be rehabilitated
- Relocate able and eligible elephants into the wild after rehabilitation
VFAES will utilize as an essential educational tool “Gods in Shackles”, a multiple award-winning and United Nations nominated documentary produced by VFAES Founding Executive Director, Sangita Iyer. This epic film will cultivate empathy and foster mind shifts, as it reveals the truth behind the glamorous festivals in which elephants are exploited for profit in the name of culture.